 Star Wars / 13264
Re: Short Pants
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 05:57:49 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Keith Kirchoff writes:
Do you think it would have been tremendously difficult to add "hinges" to the
legs?  Just wondering.

Just compare the shorties to the regular legs and you'll get your answer.

If you were to put the exact same hip design and feet design on a shorter
leg you'd have a leg with a roundness for the hip that goes right into the
extending segment of the foot, with no indented leg length at all. This
might have the tendency of making the figures look not only shorter but also
somewhat stouter as well.  It might be the stoutness factor that made TLC go
with the present design instead.

Who knows? Certainly, I am just speculating.

-- Hop-Frog