 Star Wars / 13255
Re: Poor Target....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 00:35:51 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Matt Sekerak writes:
I almost feel pity for them.

Then why did you do the following?

My local Target (So. Portland, Maine) had lots
of EpII Lego.  Since I already own a copy of Jango's Slave I, I didn't
really want a second one so I thought I would annoy the sales people a
bit...being the a-edited- that I am.  I pointed right to the mistake, they
scratched their heads.  They tried to point to Technic Jango...I pointed to
the sales tag, then the Slave I box.  They were stumped.

I'll admit I've done this first bit (taking advantage of a poorly worded
ad), not in this instance, but during the Ames 75% off Star Wars Sale.

Long story short,
they got a department lead over to the scene to scan the Slave I bar
code...$24.88.  I said, "Fine, I'll take two."  I checked out of Target, and
checked in to WalMart.  Returned the two Slave I sets at WalMart for store
credit only (because I couldn't reproduce a WalMart receipt).  Got home with
a Republic Gunship.  No flyer in hand, no questions asked.  I know, I'm
going to h-edited-.

Please, this is a public forum frequented by a minority of children as well
as the adult majority.

-Matt

This is despicable.  I don't think you should be bragging about using one
store's mistake to cheat another.  This isn't what LUGNET is about.  This
isn't a den of theives where we brag about what we stole today, and what we
plan on stealing tomorrow.  This is a public forum for lovers of LEGO to
talk about their love of LEGO, not about stealing to feed an addiction.

It's people like you who blemish a good thing like LUGNET.  For God's sake,
if you're going to cheat someone, even a multinational corp. such as
Walmart, you should be ashamed.  I, as a member of this community feel
ashamed that we include scum like you in our daily net-dealings.

-John Rudy