 Star Wars / 13260
Re: Poor Target....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 02:31:53 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Matt Sekerak writes:
I almost feel pity for them.  My local Target (So. Portland, Maine) had lots
of EpII Lego.  Since I already own a copy of Jango's Slave I, I didn't
really want a second one so I thought I would annoy the sales people a
bit...being the a$$h@le that I am.  I pointed right to the mistake, they
scratched their heads.  They tried to point to Technic Jango...I pointed to
the sales tag, then the Slave I box.  They were stumped.  Long story short,
they got a department lead over to the scene to scan the Slave I bar
code...$24.88.  I said, "Fine, I'll take two."  I checked out of Target, and
checked in to WalMart.  Returned the two Slave I sets at WalMart for store
credit only (because I couldn't reproduce a WalMart receipt).  Got home with
a Republic Gunship.  No flyer in hand, no questions asked.  I know, I'm
going to hell.

Matt,

  What you describe is fraud, and illegal in most countries.  However it is,
as you point out elsewhere, very small potatoes, and Walmart isn't about to
come after you with sticks or anything.  But whatever.

Leaving that aside, the tone of your post is very defiant; you're almost
asking people who object to this kind of dishonesty to call you on it.  Can
you please not bait people like that on Lugnet?

Lugnet would be closer to it's ideal if less people baited and less people
responded to bait.

thanks,

James