 Star Wars / 13267
Re: Poor Target....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 12:42:24 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.starwars, James Brown writes:
What you describe is fraud, and illegal in most countries.  However it is,
as you point out elsewhere, very small potatoes, and Walmart isn't about to
come after you with sticks or anything.  But whatever.

How exactly is this fraud?  Walmart doesn't say you can only have purchased the
items from them, nor do they usually ask for a reason for the return.

Just trying to clarify...

It is fraudulent to return an item to a WalMart store that was purchased at
a Target store.  The act of returning an item includes your affirmation
(whether or not you actually state it) to the associate that it was
purchased at a WalMart store.  Jeff should take the Rebel Gunship back to
the WalMart and tell the manager what he has done.

John Hansen