 Star Wars / 13232
Re: target flyer(jango's slave I)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 16:51:13 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Peter Guenther writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Travis Yanke writes:
Has anyone been able to take advantage of the 24.99 price for jango's slave
I without having the flyer in hand? of course the one day someone steals our
sunday paper this ends up happening. according to Tim at fbtb it sounds like
target is caving on this? any first hand accounts out there yet?
thanks

I bought two at my local Target.  From Bricks to Bothans (www.fbtb.net)
reports that rather than fight it, Target is just honoring the price (though
I doubt they'll restock).  It was supposed to be the Jango Fett Technic
Figure, not the Slave I.

Peter

I got it with no problems at all last night. The sale signs were posted,
there were 5 left on the shelf, I grabbed 2 of them and there was no
problem. The checkout girl even said that it was a great deal. After she
finished ringing me up I asked if they had any extra fliers, and she said
yes and handed me one.

She also told me when they run out you can get rain checks, which is very
good. I do not think rain checks from them expire. I had a rain check from
last christmas for something I just used last week with no problem at all.
The cashier was not to sure when she saw the date on it, but the manager (or
supervisor) said it was no problem and to take it no matter the date on it.

I think they *would* have to honor the sale that was in the flyer no matter
what, it was in the flyer - correct name and correct picture. Its not like
there was the name of one and a picture of another. So I am guessing they
know they have to honor it. And the laws about this vary throughout the
country, so it wold be hard to make a national decision.

Mark
http://landofbricks.com

(fut to lugnet.market.shopping)