 Star Wars / 13273
Re: Possible deep deep spoiler.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 14:40:55 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John D. Forinash writes:
Fast forward through Episode III to Episode IV: There are now exactly two
Jedi, Yoda (who we'll see in Ep V) and Obi Wan.

Sounds like balance to me...

-JDF
I don't think that a balance of folks who use each side of the force is what
is meant. I think it's probably a deeper sort of yin-yang idea where-in
practitioners can embrace both the light and dark sides of the force, thus
becoming more fully in tune with the universe (which contains both good and
evil) without fear of slipping uncontrollably into either side. As it
stands, I think that the Jedi are handicapped by the fact that they must
remain so pure in their actions. For example, Yoda has trouble seeing things
happening in the dark side. They are stuck completely attuned to the Light
side, and miss out on all that the dark side has to offer.

For example, in our world, there are some things that would somehow be made
of less value if the evil (aggresive, dark, whatever) parts of them were
removed. I wouldn't want hockey without fights, hotsauce that causes no
pain, or rock and roll without the sex and drugs.

Chris