 Star Wars / 13334
Re: The Real Chosen One?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 22:32:50 GMT

--- Scott Costello <scottcos@spamfree.yahoo.com>
wrote:
R2-D2 IS THE CHOSEN ONE!! :)

That is such an awesome theory, and I really love
your evidence. My question
is in Star Wars (Episode IV) when Obi-Wan meets up
with Luke and R2, why
does he say "I don't seem to recall ever owning a
droid" and not "Holy cow!
R2 man has it been a long time, remember when you
saved us all on the
queen's ship." That's how it would have happened if
I had written the script.

Scott

I think Obi-Wan speaks the truth when he says he never
owned R2. Since R2 was originally aboard the Queen's
ship, so I'd say he's technically Padme/Amidala's
droid. But being Chosen One, can R2 ever really be
"owned" per se? :)

Also, did I imagine it, or did Obi-Wan, with disdain
in his voice, seem to discount the importance of
droids in AOTC?

--Jack
AFOL, St. Louis