 Off-Topic / Fun / 4297
Re: Telemarketers can bite my cuticle (Was: Informal WB Store Survey)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 04:41:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote:
So a review:

- Quick hang-up == good for telemarketer, bad for you, you're still on their
list.
- Lengthy, almost-abusive call == bad for telemarketer, fun yor you, you're
still on their list.

Abuse the hell out of them.  You're doing them a favor.

My favorite one has to be 'Tell me if this sounds like a phone hanging
up.'  *click*

And another one I like is:

Them: 'Is this David Courtney' (which when I answer, it isn't)
Me: 'As far as you're concerned, this is.  No, we're not interested.'
Them: 'Ok, we'll try back later.'
Me: 'No, you won't.' *click*

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com