 Marketplace / Shopping / 2588
Re: Informal WB Store Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 20:50:14 GMT

My beef is the way they handled this fiasco.

TRU did "The Right Thing", they at least TRIED to make it up to customers (I wish
I hadn't chosen January Delivery on that 8448, I would have gotten PAID to buy
it!).  WB's online store SUCKS ROCKS.

They list items on the weekend...
You can't call the Catalog 800 to verify the order actually went through until
Monday....then they tell you there is no number to call for Web orders
specifically...

They cancel orders and don't tell you...
They relist THE SAME "DISCONTINUED" ITEMS later...on a Saturday again...
They then cancel those new orders.

Someone in their ECommerce Dept needs to pull their head out of their butt.  You
don't list items you don't have, PERIOD.

I think I'll email Jesse Berst also.

Mike Stanley wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, Steve Martin writes:
Did anyone read the TERMS OF USE on the wbstore.com website?  Here is an
extract.  Now it all makes sense.  They don't promise to do ANYTHING!!!  I'll
never buy from them again!!! Boycott wbstore.com !!!

Wow.  I understand that some of you guys feel some sort of righteous rage over
this (mostly) insignificant burp in the ecommerce world, but before you start
making statements that imply that you're going to boycott any online store
with policies like these, you may want to take a look at the policies of a
whole lot of other stores.

Because if you're honestly going to avoid shopping at online stores with
policies like these, you won't be doing much online shopping.