 Marketplace / Shopping / 2585
Re: Informal WB Store Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 19:35:35 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Steve Martin writes:
Did anyone read the TERMS OF USE on the wbstore.com website?  Here is an
extract.  Now it all makes sense.  They don't promise to do ANYTHING!!!  I'll
never buy from them again!!! Boycott wbstore.com !!!

Wow.  I understand that some of you guys feel some sort of righteous rage over
this (mostly) insignificant burp in the ecommerce world, but before you start
making statements that imply that you're going to boycott any online store
with policies like these, you may want to take a look at the policies of a
whole lot of other stores.

Because if you're honestly going to avoid shopping at online stores with
policies like these, you won't be doing much online shopping.