 Marketplace / Theory / 884
Re: Informal WB Store Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 17:33:39 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message
news:389AE498.9F9FCFB@voyager.net...
Troy Cefaratti wrote:

<Long rant snipped...>

and people wonder why I think government sponsored monopolies are such a
bad idea...

Well, it's gotten better here in ohio now that there is some competition to
Ameritech.  It's mostly on the business side right now, but when My BBS
morphed into an ISP and I got it an office downtown, I didn't even bother
with Ameritech.  I went with a company called Nextlink, which just happened
to be located in the same building as me.  While it wasn't a perfect
experience, it was better then Ameritech, and cheaper. (8 cent long distance
back in 1996!)

I also dealt with them through another company I was working for, where we
had 24 lines from them run over a T1 through a multiplexer.  When the
company moved to a bigger location and switched phone companies (we were out
of the nextlink service area) they never even bothered to come get their
equipment.  I believe the $4,000 multiplexer, and other assorted equipment,
is sitting on a shelf at the company still!!!

Silly people....

Troy