 Off-Topic / Fun / 4282
4281  |  4283
Subject:
(Not much to to with) Informal WB Store Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 16:51:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Frank Filz writes:
<snipped phone stuff>
Then there's the mail. The other week, I got so far as to be wondering
why the phone company had stopped EFT payment of my bill, and why the
bill seemed way out of line for me, before I realized I had opened my
neighbors mail. For a while we had a mail carrier who did this several
times a week, now when it happens, I just suspect a substitute carrier.
The mail is always correctly addressed.

For a very long stretch of time (something like a year and a half), our
neighbor one block over was getting mail for us, and vice versa.  Talking to
more of our neighbors, we picked up a pattern, and phoned the post office to
complain; gave them our address and so forth, and when we explained what was
going on, they quite cheerily told us "Oh yes, your mailman is dyslexic."

Now, dyslexia is not a significant impediement to most jobs, but a mail
carrier?  Talk about affirmative action in action... :/

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/