 Off-Topic / Fun / 4296
Re: Fun with Sacajewea [kind of long]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 02:21:35 GMT

Sproaticus wrote:

I love coins.  I am absolutely thrilled with the idea after using a pocketful
of 2-pound coins (1) to travel the London Underground.  Coins last longer than
a bill, are easier to fumble through when in your pocket, and generally (IMO)
look better.

Maybe. Coins leave your hands smelling funny, though, unless they are
not made of base metal. Why they're made of base metal and whether they
should be, I will put a pin in, as that's a topic for .debate, not
.fun...

However, I'll stack my CTA card against coins any day if I'm riding the
Chicago subways, ditto for my BART card, ditto for my Washington Metro
card, all of which I have in my computer bag at all times, just in case.
I wish Boston used cards too... those T tokens rattle around in my bag
and weigh it down a lot more than a card does.

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!