 Off-Topic / Fun / 4290
Re: Fun with Sacajewea [kind of long]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 22:32:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Eric Kingsley wrote:
Why do we need another coin.  We all hate coins in general (except of course
when you run into an exact change vending machine then we love the silver
colored ones anyway).

I love coins.  I am absolutely thrilled with the idea after using a pocketful
of 2-pound coins (1) to travel the London Underground.  Coins last longer than
a bill, are easier to fumble through when in your pocket, and generally (IMO)
look better.  Besides, there's something fundamentally pleasing about plunking
a coin into a vending machine, as opposed to the swearing and tearing one
experiences while stuffing a bill into a vending machine.

After the compulsory wailing-and-gnashing-of-teeth that occured when the
Loonie (and later the Toonie) were introduced in Canada, things settled down
and they became accepted by most, and liked by many.

Sound and fury, and all that.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/