 Off-Topic / Fun / 4302
Re: Fun with Sacajewea [kind of long]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 13:35:19 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
However, I'll stack my CTA card against coins any day if I'm riding the
Chicago subways, ditto for my BART card, ditto for my Washington Metro
card, all of which I have in my computer bag at all times, just in case.
I wish Boston used cards too... those T tokens rattle around in my bag
and weigh it down a lot more than a card does.

Of course the T does use cards for monthly passes. It is also possible
to get a "visitor's" pass which is for a shorter timeframe (may just be
a week, not sure what the options are). When our church youth group
visited Boston last year (our denomination headquarters is in Boston so
it's sort of a pilgrimage for the kids), they got the passes (usefull in
that situation also because we didn't have to worry about the kids
spending their transportation money, in addition to the fact that it
saved money).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com