 Off-Topic / Debate / 16388
Re: Peace in the Mid-East?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2002 08:48:12 GMT

Who forced the Palastinians into refugee camps in the first place?  Not • Israel.

Who made them refugee's? I accept it would have been more convenient for
Israel if the Arab states had accepted them into their population more. But
why should they? Why should Israel be allowed to steal their land? Would you
let them steal yours? Really?

This excerpt from one of Mona Charen's articles conters your argument far
better than I can and includes its source:

(Given that this thread-let was about Ms Charen's integrity, I’m bemused
that you are using her to justify your argument(!). Have we went full circle?)

Even if true, I don't agree it does answer my argument. My questions to you
were:
1. Who made them refugee's?
2. Why should the Arab states support them? Because they share a religion?
3. Why should Israel be allowed to steal their land?
4. Would you let them steal yours?

<snip>

Let's get back to my question; does any of that excuse Israel’s shocking
(excuse the pun) human rights record?

I certainly agree that Israel's human rights record is spotty but the
Palestinian's is far worse.  That does not give Israel the right to do some of
the things it does, but at the same time why is no one critizising Palestinian
actions?

Now you are being paranoid! They do Mike. Check the Amnesty and HRW sites.

<snip>
I never said I supported Sharon.

I did not ask that.

I do support Israel's right to fight back
though.

Do the Palestinians not have the “right to fight back”?

From Israel offering peace?!

No, fight back against Israeli agrression!

So they start a fight and cry 'wolf' when they lose?

I don't agree with that analogy. If we accept that the west bank and gaza
are occupied terrotories, the Palastinians have the right to fight back
against the forces of occupation (not civilians).

What the heck?!  Arafat formed the PLO in 1964
with the intention of destroying Israel.  Note the date, 3 years before • Israel
invaded.  Up to that point the only thing Israel had done was exist.

lol

Arabs do
not want the "infidels" in their midst its as simple as that.  Everything • else
is smoke and mirors.

2 examples of "smoke and mirrors":

Where did the refugees come from?
What was Israel's role in Suez?