 Off-Topic / Debate / 16359
Re: Dave's Anti-American Rant (you've been warned) was Re: Peace in the Mid-East?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 14:42:58 GMT

Again, whilst watching the West Wing, a few weeks ago they interviewed real
people who worked in the West Wing.  One person related the following ancedote:

When Nixon was impeached he got his kids in the family car at night, drove
up to the White house and mentioned to his kids that 'the most powerful man
in the world' is leaving this house because of the power  of the law.  Not a
soldier, not a policeman, not a parking maid, not a gun was *anywhere* to be
seen, and yet Nixon left the office of the President of the United States.

Because of *the Law* and not because of threat of gun, did he leave.

Let me clarify :)
It wasn't Nixon who got the kids in the car, it was the guy who worked in
the West Wing.

The worker got his kids in the car, drove up to the white house and pointed
out to his kids that the most powerful man in the free world was leaving
this office because of the power of law.

Sorry for any misunderstanding

Dave