 Off-Topic / Debate / 16259
Re: Peace in the Mid-East?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:55:45 GMT

1. Scott (and you, I'd imagine) sympathize with the Palestinians.
2. The Palestinians are represented by the PLO, and back them 100%.
3. The PLO are terrorists.
4. Scott sympathizes with supporters of terrorism.

This is a very thinly qualified attack against myself,

Where?

and obviously more
pointedly against Scott. And I DO take offense that you equate any
questioning of your unbelievably myopic viewpoints as being the equivalent
of siding with terrorists -- when such an assertion couldn't be further from
the truth.

Then refute it and move on.

  Really, it's outrageous.  I expect an apology from you as
regards myself.  It borders on libel that you should so distort my views in
this electronic print medium -- be very careful, this is not mere
name-calling.  You have made a false claim about my views and I can prove
that the claim is false.

In case you haven't noticed, I have specifically and continually opposed
violence of any kind from either side -- AND I have stated such views on
numerous occasions in this forum.  And I am not kidding, I expect a public
and uneqiuvocal retraction that I am in any way a PLO or terrorist sympathizer.

Then just say it.  I said I would imagine you to be one.  Never said you were,
and now you have set the record straight.

I can't believe you would take your nonsense so far as to make bold lies
about my own or anyone else's views.

Never made a bold lie, and the nonsense is coming from you.

I believe that persons like yourself, myopic and intractable and whatever
else you may be, are actually part of an international problem and in no way
part of the solution.

Your perogative.

I wish I had the words to ameliorate whatever it is
that makes you so.

Perish the thought.

Do try to see past your own so obviously limited
political views in the future, please.

Are they "so obviously limited", or are they just different than yours?  Or does
that mean the same thing?

Do also try to make substantive
statements about the subject under discussion in the future.  The personal
attacks, the lies, do nothing to bolster your extent and limited arguments
so far.

All I said was that I imagined that you sympathized with the Palestinians.  I
didn't even *assert* it, so chill.

As to the ad hominem attacks in this forum and on this very subject -- it
has been yourself, among others, who have started such attacks first.

The only ad hominem I asserted was that Scott was an idiot if he: thought that
the US would ever stop supporting Israel, and that the *US* was to blame for 9-
11.  Calling him an idiot may have gone overboard, but I certaily believe that
those statements are idiotic.

That
some of the rest of us should note it and retaliate seems to me only
fitting.  Frankly, I am sick of it.  I will torch this forum

What exactly does *that* mean??

before I will
allow you and others to reduce hopefully meaningful discussions and possibly
debates to mere name-calling and attacks on a person's reputation. • And while
I do not claim any kind of moral highground,

Then get off it.

I do claim possession of the
simple ability to argue more to the subject matter at hand and generally
avoid ad hominem attacks.

Generally.  I'm still trying to guess which finger you are waving in my general
direction...

I just thought you might like to see what it felt
like.  You are worthy of attacking, because you have done so yourself AND first.

Attack all you want.  I really couldn't care less what you think about me.

And that's it, you can have whatever last word pleases you -- it's not worth
arguing with someone who fails to show, by all available evidence, that he
knows how to argue anything meaningfully.  In replying, perhaps you might
address the pointlessness of ad hominem attacks. And if not that, maybe your
last words as regards me could be a retraction of your false claim...?

Look at that "claim" again.  And refute my little thesis if you want.

-John