 Off-Topic / Debate / 16352
Re: Dave's Anti-American Rant (you've been warned) was Re: Peace in the Mid-East?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 00:25:58 GMT

-who appreciates his American friends, but not the 'American System'

The 'American System' is broken.  That is why I said the 'ideals' of the
constitution.  If the system was working as it should then most of the problems
would not exsist.  There is no such this as a perfect system but the ideals
of the constitution are as close as I have been able to find.

About the heath care;  (if I can find the article I would post a link) about a
year ago I read an article written by a Canadian who originally supported
national health care.  In it he described how medical facilities have stagnated
and sometimes gotten worse as a result.  After visting a United States hospital
he relized that Canadian Hospitals have remained at the same level and not
improved with new technologies and discoveries as the US  hospitals did.
Canadian Hospitals used to be equal sometimes better but now they border on
substandard by comparison.

And as my own addition to the whole thing, contrary to popular belief outside
the US,  US hospitals will not fail to treat someone just because they do not
have medical coverage.

As far as paying for medical services, well where do you think most medical
research gets its funding.

-Mike Petrucelli