 Off-Topic / Debate / 16246
Re: Peace in the Mid-East?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 16:59:28 GMT

Look at the flip side though.  What message did it send when Arafat rejected
basicly everything he claimed (to "Western Diplomats") to want.  Regardless of
whether it was right for Israelis to elect Sharon, was that not a response to
Arafat's descision to reject Barak's peace proposal and resume the terror
attacks?

Even if Arafat had accepted Barak's offer, do you really think the Israeli
public would have? Remember, he still had to put it to a referendum. Barak
was basically gambling.

Scott A