 Off-Topic / Debate / 16394
Re: Peace in the Mid-East?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 01:26:55 GMT

[snip]
(Given that this thread-let was about Ms Charen's integrity, I’m bemused
that you are using her to justify your argument(!). Have we went full circle?)

That is why I used an excerpt that contained its sorce reference.

Even if true, I don't agree it does answer my argument. My questions to you
were:
1. Who made them refugee's?

Arab propaganda. Not all Arabs (Palestinians) fled Israel in 1948, because they
did not belive the silly things that the dictators tell them. (like the
Saudi-Arabia "Jewish Vampire" article.  (Now if you think that is being
ridiculously paranoid consider this.  Durring World War 2 when US troops were
taking Islands with Japanesse civilians it was very common to see people
jumping off cliffs to avoid "capture."  Fortunatly most of the Japanesse did
not belive their government's lies and discovered that the US soldiers had no
ill will toward unarmed cilivians.)

2. Why should the Arab states support them? Because they share a religion?

The Arab states forcably exiled the Jews living in their countries.  Israel did
not force those people into refugee camps like the Arab countries did to the
Palestinians, they accepted them as citizens.

3. Why should Israel be allowed to steal their land?

They did not.  The Palestinians (unlike the Jews) were not forced out of their
homes they chose to leave.

4. Would you let them steal yours?

No but that is irrelevant they did not steal anyones land. The only land stolen
was Jewish property in the Arab countries.

[snip]
but at the same time why is no one critizising Palestinian actions?

Now you are being paranoid! They do Mike. Check the Amnesty and HRW sites.

The problem is most news agencies are making excuses for the Palestinians,
saying they are acting out of desperation and such.

<snip>
I do support Israel's right to fight back
though.

Do the Palestinians not have the “right to fight back”?

From Israel offering peace?!

No, fight back against Israeli agrression!

So they start a fight and cry 'wolf' when they lose?

I don't agree with that analogy. If we accept that the west bank and gaza
are occupied terrotories, the Palastinians have the right to fight back
against the forces of occupation (not civilians).

If the above situation were true I would most certainly agree with it.  Of
coure 97 percent the West Bank and Gaza was NOT occupied since 1993.  Barak
offered to give the rest back in exchange for peace.  Arafat did not accept.
Only after the Palestinians spent 18 months suicide bombing civilians did
Israel's army finally retaliate by invading.  You would think that Arafat would
have learned that lesson in 1967, but then again most of the world is now
criticizing Israel and making excuses for Palestinians.  If the Palestinians
ONLY wanted the West Bank and Gaza it had already been offered. The current
terror campaign is intended to bring about what Arafat wanted all along, the
destruction of Israel.

[snip]
Where did the refugees come from?
What was Israel's role in Suez?

No answer?

The first question was answered above.
This might be a major case of 'DUH' but I have no Idea what 'Suez' refers to.

-Mike Petrucelli