 Off-Topic / Debate / 16349
Re: Dave's Anti-American Rant (you've been warned) was Re: Peace in the Mid-East?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 23:08:52 GMT

I just can't help myself... Urge too irresistible... Must quote _Full Metal
Jacket_... ARGH! Forgive me...

---

Pogue Colonel: Marine, what is that button on your body armor?
Private Joker: A peace symbol, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Where'd you get it?
Private Joker: I don't remember, sir.
Pogue Colonel: What is that you've got written on your helmet?
Private Joker: "Born to Kill," sir.
Pogue Colonel: You write "Born to Kill" on your helmet and you wear a peace
button. What's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?!
Private Joker: No, sir.
Pogue Colonel: You'd better get your head and your a-- wired together, or I
will take a giant s--- on you!
Private Joker: Yes, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Now answer my question or you'll be standing tall before the man.
Private Joker: I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of
man, sir.
Pogue Colonel: The what?
Private Joker: The duality of man. The Jungian thing, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Whose side are you on, son?
Private Joker: Our side, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Don't you love your country?
Private Joker: Yes, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Then how about getting with the program? Why don't you jump on
the team and come on in for the big win?
Private Joker: Yes, sir!
Pogue Colonel: Son, all I've ever asked of my marines is that they obey my
orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Vietnamese,
because inside every gook there is an American trying to get out. It's a
hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows
over.
Private Joker: Aye-aye, sir.

---

;-)

Mladen Pejic, over and out!
http://www3.sympatico.ca/mladenpejic/

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli writes:
Of course China being a dictatorship might have a problem with
that.  Maybe my personal problem with the whole thing is I believe everyone
should have the right to live under the ideals of the United States
Constitution.  Something the US Government does not even seem to believe
anymore.

The Constitution gave you the Government you (the US electorate) did *not*
vote for... ;)

Scott A

-Mike Petrucelli

I believe that the most un-American place in the world right now is America.
If this 'wonderful' country was founded on 'freedom' and the 'Pursuit of
life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness', it ain't showing right now.

- snip -

/rant off

Dave
-who appreciates his American friends, but not the 'American System'