 Off-Topic / Debate / 16356
Re: Peace in the Mid-East?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 10:36:22 GMT

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> writes:

Well, I am already being proven right, because it appears even
today that Israel will refuse to allow the creation of a
Palestinian state that is lead by murderous thugs like Arafat and
his terrorist organizations.

This is not consistent with my understandment of the recent events.
Are you refering to the decision by the dominant Israeli party Likud
to forever oppose the creation of an independent Palestinian state on
the West Bank?

Apparantly, Sharon is still committed to the notion of a Palestinian
state, and US is still committed to supporting such a state, even
after the Likud decision:

<URL:http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/middle_east/newsid_1986000/
1986244.stm>

Fredrik