 General / 4036
Re: is anyone else finding...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 9 May 1999 01:42:50 GMT

  It's also a
real PITA sometimes (for me) to put together a large set when the pieces
haven't been pre-sorted.  And I never have the discipline to pre-sort the
pieces on a set that I'm about to build -- only sorted when they go into the
storage bins later for real building projects.

I have the same problem. I always sit there, shuffling through the unsorted
pile of pieces sitting before me, a panic beginning to form that they may have
missed a piece when they were packaging them.

Another thing that pains me (not that I'm complaining :) is sets with
repeated constructs -- "2x on this or mirror on this" -- I generally don't
enjoy building something twice unless it's only a few steps.  I guess that's
one of the reasons I love the Blacktron Renegade and the Spyrius Saucer
Centurion so much -- because they're asymmetrical.

I have to agree with this, too. I almost got bored building the TIE-fighter
because of all the times that they said "2x". Same with the pod racers. It's
building something new that I really enjoy and when they throw a "2x" in there,
it takes the new-ness away from it.

-Jonathan
PS The week after I finished putting together all my Classic SW lego sets, I
took them all apart and sorted the pieces by color, just to see all the
different colors (because someone mentioned how neat all the different colors
were). Boy, if it wasn't fun to put all the models back together again . . . .