 Star Wars / 2064
2063  |  2065
Subject:
Piece sorting (was: building exhaustion)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 20:15:50 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:

Which reminds me, I haven't seen a discussion on piece-sorting for a while.

After buying all the SW sets (1), I have well over 1.8 jazillion pieces to
sort, categorize, and cram into my soon-to-be-overflowing drawer system.

Has this new theme caused anyone to re-think their organization system?  I
am seriously considering switching over to the sort-by-original-set
method...

Actually, I have thought about using the sort-by-original-set method, since
getting all the new SW sets. Before that, I used to sort by color, but with all
the older space sets I have, I have two big drawers for black pieces. I had
white pieces in another drawer. I also divided red, blue, light gray, dk gray,
transparent (of any color) and minifigs (and accessories) into seperate
drawers. This left one drawer for any of the colors that I had only a handfull
of pieces for (i.e. tan, green, yellow, brown) but obviously, since the SW
sets, there are a lot more of these colors. So, any suggestions? How does
everyone sort their pieces?
-Jonathan