 Storage / 266
Re: Piece sorting (was: building exhaustion)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 23:07:43 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Selçuk Göre writes:
Quantity of a certain type brick is the top most concern when assigning it
to its own drawer or deciding it should share space with its close
relatives.

I also use pretty much the same method you do, except that I often keep
smaller quantities of drastically unlike pieces together so that they'll be
easier to find. For instance, I keep 2x2 round plates in with my 1x10 plates,
as both are easy to locate in one drawer, no matter how full. But i mix all my
1x4's in one bucket.

I have also two compartmented small suitcase like boxes (like your plano
types) from "zag"(?) which I use for technic itty-bitties like pegs, bushes,
axles, gears, etc. and a third one for all kind of minifig accessories.

I use a fixed-compartmented transparent jelly-bean box for all my various
1x1's except bricks. And since I don't have much technic, I use vitamin
containers for pegs, bushings, et.al.

I have two shoeboxes of many assembled minifigs, but as accessories come
off/on them, I use parts drawers. Right now, one box is pretty much dedicated
to castle and adventurer figs. The other is town and space.

Relatively bigger parts go into some other boxes.

Yep. Boat pieces, BURPS, huge wheels, etc.

Mine collection is about 13,000 now, and is 50/30/20 town/space/castle. And
furniture to build on/store in is still years away for me.

-Tom McD.
when replying, use lutevisk frosting on the spamcake.