 Star Wars / 2136
Re: is anyone else finding...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 16:30:45 GMT

Bram Lambrecht wrote:
blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) writes:
Really?  Considering what they do, they are a decent size.  I don't
think that plate-based hinges could deliver the 'clicking' function
of these hinges.  And they need to have (at least) a 1x2 footprint for
stability.  A 1x1 would wiggle around too much.
Good arguments, but I think they could have been two instead of three
plates high.

Anakin's Pod Racer has these ratcheting hinges in a plate.  It's what's
holding up those long yellow vanes on the top and sides of the thrusters.

Cheers,
- jsproat

May the Force be with y'all.