 Star Wars / 2137
Re: TPM Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 16:37:41 GMT

On 5/11/99, at 8:43 PM, Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Tom McDonald writes:
[...] It is high energy for most of the track, Horngold yet dark, very much
a sense of forboding in the music - I guess hence the Phantom Menace. When
the music is quieter, it's busy like something is happening in the
background, but still dark.  [...]

Tom, based upon your excitement of this track, I picked up the TPM album
last night at the record store...

BLOWN AWAY by the music!!

Yes, I know what you mean. The first day I got it I listened to it four times :)

It's Star Wars but not Star Wars.  Almost a total reinvention -- but with
a few familiar old themes.  Overall, an incredible mixture of operatic
sounds, horns, drums, and hints of the old west and ethereal sea adventures.

It's amazing how he(Williams) can make it so totally diferent than the orriginal
but yet still keep it Star Wars.

A lot of the album seems to be filler/background music, but I still have to
say I think it was well worth full retail price...

My favorite tracks...

  02 Duel of the Fates
  03 Anakin's Theme
  05 The Droid Battle (second half of #05)
  08 He Is the Chosen One
  10 Passage Through the Planet Core
  12 Panaka and the Queen's Protectors
  14 Droid Invasion and Darth Maul
  15 Qui-Gon's Noble {spoiler snipped}
  16 The High Council Meeting and Qui-Gon's {spoiler snipped}

...but I think Duel of the Fates (and its reprise in 17 End Credits) is my
favorite overall.

This is going to be one wicked powerful movie!!!

--Todd

My favorite tracks are:
01 Star Wars Main Title & Arrival at Naboo
02 Duel of the Fates
17 Augies's Great Municipal Band & End Credits
15 "the said spoiler"
05 The Sith Spacecraft & The  Droid Battle
07 The Arrival at Tatooine & The Flag Parade
01-17 take a guess :)

Ryan
"Build or build not. There is no try." - Lego Master Yoda