 Star Wars / 2188
Re: TPM Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 19:40:08 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Tom McDonald writes:
[...] It is high energy for most of the track, Horngold yet dark, very much
a sense of forboding in the music - I guess hence the Phantom Menace. When
the music is quieter, it's busy like something is happening in the
background, but still dark.  [...]

Tom, based upon your excitement of this track, I picked up the TPM album
last night at the record store...

BLOWN AWAY by the music!!

...but I think Duel of the Fates (and its reprise in 17 End Credits) is my
favorite overall.

This is going to be one wicked powerful movie!!!

--Todd

How similar is the rest of the cd when compared to Duel of the Fates?  I wasn't
terribly impressed with DotF, but with what everyone is saying, I want to
listen to the cd.  Maybe it is at some of the listening stations at record
stores (anyone know?)?

Jeff