 Star Wars / 1675
Re: Duel of the Fates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 16:06:09 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, eric@nospam.thirteen.net (Lorbaat) writes:
This may sound like a weird question, but...

Does the hilt seem really, really long?  I mean, much longer than the sabres
in the original trilogy?

Yeah, I wondered about that too...it's really weird...The only two
explanations I can come up with are

1) that it needs to be longer for martial arts baton twirling purposes.  If
it were too short, he'd hack his hands off with the glowing blades as it
spun....

I ask because there's been noticed a, umm, discrepancy
in the length of Maul's hilt.  At some points, it seems really long, and at
others, it seems shorter, leading to various spoiler-ish speculations.

...or
2) that it's really two lightsabers rather than one and they join to make
one big dual-bladed lightsaber.  Maybe we'll see 'im crack it apart and
brandish one lightsaber in each hand?

[...]
What does this mean (I mean, besides that I've spent way too much time looking
at the trailer)?

Have you seen the new QuickTime 4 trailer?! -- 640 wide -- amazing!!!!!

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Or read the book -- it comes out on May 3 too, right?

--Todd