 Star Wars / 2120
2119  |  2121
Subject:
TPM Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 00:42:47 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Tom McDonald writes:
[...] It is high energy for most of the track, Horngold yet dark, very much
a sense of forboding in the music - I guess hence the Phantom Menace. When
the music is quieter, it's busy like something is happening in the
background, but still dark.  [...]

Tom, based upon your excitement of this track, I picked up the TPM album
last night at the record store...

BLOWN AWAY by the music!!

It's Star Wars but not Star Wars.  Almost a total reinvention -- but with
a few familiar old themes.  Overall, an incredible mixture of operatic
sounds, horns, drums, and hints of the old west and ethereal sea adventures.

A lot of the album seems to be filler/background music, but I still have to
say I think it was well worth full retail price...

My favorite tracks...

   02 Duel of the Fates
   03 Anakin's Theme
   05 The Droid Battle (second half of #05)
   08 He Is the Chosen One
   10 Passage Through the Planet Core
   12 Panaka and the Queen's Protectors
   14 Droid Invasion and Darth Maul
   15 Qui-Gon's Noble {spoiler snipped}
   16 The High Council Meeting and Qui-Gon's {spoiler snipped}

...but I think Duel of the Fates (and its reprise in 17 End Credits) is my
favorite overall.

This is going to be one wicked powerful movie!!!

--Todd

p.s.  Tickets [supposedly] go on sale tomorrow in the U.S.!