 Star Wars / 2090
Re: is anyone else finding...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 15:30:05 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

These days, I will sort and build simultaneously.  As I'm looking for a
piece, I will sort out a few other pieces I notice, until I find the piece
I'm looking for.  Then I'll build some more, until I get stuck on another
piece.  Then I'll hunt'n'sort some more.

Funny but this is the way I usually build too. I like very much to open
all packs from the set (specially if it is a large set), get out all
parts into one big heap and start building. I "hunt" for every piece at
the very begining, later it becomes more easy. Some presorting goes on -
similar pieces, parts of fences etc. Sometimes it can take few minutes
to found some small part (oh my God, may be this time LEGO did not put
it into the pack...) - but after part is found I feel so great... If I
found some parts to be assembled in few copies (wheels etc.) I assemble
them in one step. Or put wheels onto car earlier than it is shown on
instructions - it is so nice to see more of the model already done! But
sometimes it is wrong...

Gintaras