 Star Wars / 2061
Re: Gungan Sub (Re: is anyone else finding...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 17:22:00 GMT

Another interesting thing - the Pod Race.  On the green racer, there is a purple
grille tile COMPLETELY hidden from view, it is covered by another brick
completely.  I was thinking how insane that was, but then I thought about it
further, and thought how nice that was - I am going to yank it back out of the
model, and stick a plain 1x2 plate in its' place, and I'll have a spare purple
grille tile.

Nick Goetz wrote:

I thought the use of a dozen or so bricks to represent a cave was especially
interesting as well. I could not believe they didn't use a BURP (or two).
    One other thing I found about the sub was the unusual use of the trans
orange 1x2.  I am referring to the ones that are completely hidden from
sight. I know the instructions sometimes add unusual colors to aid in the
building process, but to use transparent bricks was quite a deviation. (and
a nice surprise!)

-Nick

--
| Tom Stangl, Technical Support          Netscape Communications Corp |
|      Please do not associate my personal views with my employer     |