 Star Wars / 2049
Re: is anyone else finding...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 13:32:44 GMT

On Sat, 8 May 1999 19:26:03 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote:

I think (for me) it comes from hunching over the instruction booklets --
which are shiny and always curling and hard to see sometimes.  It's also a
real PITA sometimes (for me) to put together a large set when the pieces
haven't been pre-sorted.  And I never have the discipline to pre-sort the
pieces on a set that I'm about to build -- only sorted when they go into the
storage bins later for real building projects.

These days, I will sort and build simultaneously.  As I'm looking for a
piece, I will sort out a few other pieces I notice, until I find the piece
I'm looking for.  Then I'll build some more, until I get stuck on another
piece.  Then I'll hunt'n'sort some more.

Wow!  That IS weird.  I wonder if it was Lucas's people who required the
BURP to be split up...(since some rumors reported that the LFL/TLG contract
required non-juniorization of sets...)

You heard rumors about that?  I know I made a 'supposition' about it, but I
never heard anything that could be considered a rumor.  Then again, I'm not
as well connected as some people.

Steve