 Storage / 271
Re: Piece sorting (was: building exhaustion)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 22:04:45 GMT

I combine building with sorting. Most of my pieces are sorted
following the colour and type rule, each separate. But with
bricks and plates, I "build" them, and then store them. By
building, I stack the pieces together, and they fit quite
well into the boxes in which I keep them. For example, 2x4
bricks, are built into to 25 brick-high columns, containing
50 in each. They then store and sort with phenomenal ease.

I then can take pleasure in "building" when sorting, and
demolishing when about to build.

I also have a 3-drawer, rolling plastic filing cabinet, which
I use for quick-builds. In one drawer is Technic, another
Space/Underwater, and the 3rd Adventurers/general. That which
I don't sort, specialty pieces, etc. I keep in these drawers,
as well as a selection of common-use, multi-purpose bricks.
In the Technic drawer, are also a couple of motors, shocks,
a decent selection of beams and plates. So if I want to build
a technic model, or just play around and experiment, I have
a easily accessible source of the parts most likely to appear
in a Technic model. Likewise with the other two, if I wanted
to build a quick "themed" model, say a space ship, all the
pieces I need are there!

The only thing unsorted are a complete set of Episode 4-6 sets,
which fill up a Silver bucket perfectly. For some reason, these
bricks are more "sacred." They don't mix with the general
population. I dump out the bucket and make sets, variations,
etc., usually SW-themed. And they all go back, never to mix
with the rest. Weird, I'm sure you will all think!
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/