 Storage / 270
RE: Piece sorting (was: building exhaustion)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 17:27:56 GMT

<snipped John's description of sorting strategy>

I then locate the plano 3700
tackle boxes with those colors soted in them( i like the semi transparent
nature of those boxes, easier to see whats in them when they are up on the
shelf. With those boxes set out , I can then make adjsutments to the plano
system to accomadate the new pieces. this is then repeated for each of the
colors. when finished the plano boxes are placed on a basic  freestanding  5
pine  shelf  that I got from Lowe's that will hold 24 planos on each shelf.
Currently there are about 115 planos on this shelf

Good God man! I have about 15 Planos full of Technic and I thought I was a
bit nuts...well my spouse thinks so. If you have 115 of them at an average of
$4 US thats $500 just for the storage! WOW!

You go on to write that this is small compared to those with BIG collections....

At least you got the Plano boxes. See my site for info on how to modify them without
wrecking them too much.

<http://www.bmts.com/~rhempel/lego/default.html>

See the storage section.

Cheers,