 Star Wars / 2060
Re: Building exhaustion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 16:57:07 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Terry K wrote:
The only thing more headache-inducing than building them was taking them • apart
and sorting all the pieces.  :-/

Which reminds me, I haven't seen a discussion on piece-sorting for a while.

Which reminds me, has anyone come up with a good way to store baseplates with
varying contours? (3)

After buying all the SW sets (1), I have well over 1.8 jazillion pieces to
sort, categorize, and cram into my soon-to-be-overflowing drawer system.

I would be curious to see scientific notation on this figure. ;) My drawers (so
to speak) are also overflowing and I've kinda started using ziploc bags for
some things. But now I need another tub/box for the bags. Well, actually, I
need a house with a room for the lego.

Has this new theme caused anyone to re-think their organization system?  I
am seriously considering switching over to the sort-by-original-set
method...

ATM no. I haven't really assimilated my new SW sets into the rest of the
collective. I'm too busy seeing what I can make with just pieces from the new
sets. I find myself doing more of that to challenge myself with fewer pieces.
Eventually they'll get worked in. In fact I think some Space Port parts and a
Sherriff's Lockup snuck in. For the most part I've kept them separate so that
they can be brought in one large lego bucket over to my friend's house. He's 29
and newly into lego and therefore needs a building buddy. He's been checking
out people's sites too.

-Tom McD.
when replying, note that airtight storage is not necessary for spamcake.

(1) footnote deleted (2)
(2) but not unappreciated
(3) cross-posted to and follow-up set to lugnet.storage