 Storage / 254
Re: Piece sorting (was: building exhaustion)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 20:55:24 GMT

Sorry, I posted it the wrong group and screwed up a link! Can you tell
it is Monday? :)

OK, try this!

SORTING:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/sorting.html

MAIN LEGO PAGE:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html
Scott Edward Sanburn wrote:

For me, I have evolved from colors to actually sorting bricks out by
their size/shape. I have eight 60 drawer shelving units, and multiple
plastic variable size tackle box type containers. I do sort by color as
well, but just for the BASIC bricks. I am in the middle of everything
right now, sorting various parts I have gathered over the last few
months, setting up my town, building SW sets, and re-doing most of my
webpage because of my recently acquired digital camera. Its rough, but
someone has to do it. Here is a link to my sorting page if you are
interested:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/sorting.html

As always, LMKWYT!

Scott Sanburn

P.S. here is my main page, as well, since I am dropping webpage
addresses:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/~legoguy712

Jonathan wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:

Which reminds me, I haven't seen a discussion on piece-sorting for a while.

After buying all the SW sets (1), I have well over 1.8 jazillion pieces to
sort, categorize, and cram into my soon-to-be-overflowing drawer system.

Has this new theme caused anyone to re-think their organization system?  I
am seriously considering switching over to the sort-by-original-set
method...

Actually, I have thought about using the sort-by-original-set method, since
getting all the new SW sets. Before that, I used to sort by color, but with all
the older space sets I have, I have two big drawers for black pieces. I had
white pieces in another drawer. I also divided red, blue, light gray, dk gray,
transparent (of any color) and minifigs (and accessories) into seperate
drawers. This left one drawer for any of the colors that I had only a handfull
of pieces for (i.e. tan, green, yellow, brown) but obviously, since the SW
sets, there are a lot more of these colors. So, any suggestions? How does
everyone sort their pieces?
-Jonathan