 Star Wars / 2139
Re: is anyone else finding...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 17:14:06 GMT

Sproaticus <jsproat@geocities.com> wrote in message
news:3739ACB5.A314A048@geocities.com...
Bram Lambrecht wrote:
blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) writes:
Really?  Considering what they do, they are a decent size.  I don't
think that plate-based hinges could deliver the 'clicking' function
of these hinges.  And they need to have (at least) a 1x2 footprint for
stability.  A 1x1 would wiggle around too much.
Good arguments, but I think they could have been two instead of three
plates high.

Anakin's Pod Racer has these ratcheting hinges in a plate.  It's what's
holding up those long yellow vanes on the top and sides of the thrusters.

But the hinge part of the plate runs parallel to the long side of the 1X2
plate, while the X-Wing brick hinge has the hinge part running perpendicular to
the long side of the 1X2 brick.  They would not be perfect substitutes.  It is
nice to have them, however.

-John Van