 Storage / 264
Re: Piece sorting (was: building exhaustion)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 14:58:13 GMT

On Tue, 11 May 1999 06:31:45 GMT, "Moz (Chris Moseley)" <moz1@ihug.com.au>
wrote:

At the risk of sounding negative, these didn't work as well as I'd
hoped. Perhaps I couldn't get the right ones - what I got were
drawers/trays about 6-8" deep, 4" wide and about 3" high.

"Wider is better" (slogan from a advertisement)

They stacked
so I tried that. It worked after a fashion, but I decided that
they really needed to be transparent. two reasons: you end up facing
a big wall of them, and it gets dark really quickly if they're dark
coloured plastic; and if you can see thru them it's both easier to
mount them/stack them, and easier to see what's in the top/bottom ones
in the stack.

We label each drawer.  This probably speeds up cleanup even more than
building.

My current ideal is a control console where the "desk" is octagonal
and goes right round me, and I have a swivel chair. It's also raked,
so there are trays flat, then at about 45 degrees, then vertical.
That way I get the maximum number of reachable parts, and can have
quite deep bins/drawers under the flat trays for high-volume parts.
Of course, getting into or out of it will be interesting... I suspect
one side will need to be the building area, and that will need to
hinge out of the way for the egress (The egress is a very fussy
creature :)

Hmm.  Elevator chair?  R2 magnetic lift?

Steve