 Storage / 280
Re: Piece sorting (was: building exhaustion)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage, lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 14:48:57 GMT

Ed Jones wrote:

In lugnet.storage, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Whoops. I did a little digging on these sets. If 545 has one major
divider, I assume 575 has 2 major dividers. That's what Conan has
bunches of. the Pause DB does NOT have 575... or any other set that
would be it, at least not under BASIC 5+, I will try to grab some
packaging this Wednesday from an unopened one if I can find one in the
backlot.

--
Ooops. make that 565

545 has a mojor divider fown the middle (between the two baseplates, but under
each baseplate is three compartments.  565 has nine compartments.

Ya. that's the form factor all right. But it's blue with green
baseplates. the one Conan has scads of (he does have some of the blue)
is red with yellow baseplate covers. Does it have a different set number
and is it categorised in a different area in the DB than BASIC/BASIC 5+
? Supposedly these can still be bought at K-Marts sometimes.

Those evil LEGO defacers sometimes cut up the yellow baseplates for
various reasons. He has so many of them I can almost get over it.

Note well that the "9 compartment count" thing is by default. Both the
big (vertical if the case is aligned as it is in the pause image
(http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=565-2) and small dividers can
be taken out.

That's good AND bad because if you pick one of these bins up by the
side, sometimes the small dividers pop out. Then you have a mess on your
hands if it's holding plates as those plates work under the divider and
you can't reseat it.

Still, I hope TLG makes more of these again sometime, I'll buy a bunch
and auction off the bricks.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.