 Dear LEGO / 4102
Re: Say it ain't so...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 18:16:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney writes:

Even sillier than that is watching this thread drag on and on and on.  The
ones who talk sense are ignored, because the rabid fans on a blind crusade
don't want to know the truth.  Like a culmination of everything our hideous
pop culture stands for, these people want it their way and only their way,
right away, no questions asked.  And they won't shut up until they get it.
I never said anywhere that I had to have things my way and I wouldn't shut
up until I got it, and neither did anyone else.

As for my personal opinion on the products... I understand the reason for
Jack Stone's existance - its for a younger age market.  I really can't stand
Galidor myself, and I hope it goes away.  If my feelings are proven wrong
though, and Galidor is a success, more power to LEGO for making a smart
move.  For everything else, LEGO is parts.  Don't rely on sets, but look at
what they come with and imagine what you can do with them.  And relax, this
*is* just a toy afterall.

-Tim

Wasssup Tim,
While your probably right about Jack Stone, couldn't Lego just branch off of
Lego and make Lego Jr. or something?  That way they could put little kid
stuff (like Jack Stone) of to itself and free the normal catalog of the
junk.  If they want to have shop at home for it, then they could put in the
form of a leaflet in the S@H catalog, or just give it a catalog on its own.
That way they don't have to get rid of their little kid stuff and the could
still make older fans happy.  As for GALADOR, that still should be gone, no
matter what.  It brings a bad name to Lego.  As for not shutting up, This is
my last post for "Say it ain't so".  I'm sick of seeing people get mad at
each other over opinions.  I had no idea I'd be feeding a fire this big when
I first responded a few days ago.  I never thought leaving an opinion would
get people against each other.  Being the one that started this over again,
I hope it ends the subject.  I'm not mad at anyone right now, and I don't
think anyone's mad at me.  I just want drop this thing before it starts a
war on LUGNET that takes up everybodys time and makes everyone mad.  If
anyone wants to petition something, thats their own thing and more power to
them.  If they don't, more power to them as well.  I just want to see this
thing dropped so we can all do what we came here to do, have fun.  I have no
enemies, and I don't intend on making any, and I don't think anyone else
does either.  So lets just let this thing go where it is and relax and have
fun.  Thats what Legos are meant for.
Hasta La Vista, Sean