 General / 37930
Re: Say it ain't so...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 23:41:18 GMT

"John Henry Kruer" <jhkruer@yahoo.com> writes:
The problem is that Lego direct can't sell in stores.  I don't know if Lego
inteded this, but it's the truth.  They can only sell online.

Otherwise, I quite agree with you.

That's why they call it Lego Direct.  As in, direct to the customer.
Not through a retailer.  Lego makes more money on each set sold that
way, so they can afford smaller production runs (which cost more).

The sets that are unique to Lego Direct are a test market for retail.
If it is popular with LD then they can move it into stores.  For
example the Rebel Blockade Runner and a few other large sets were
originally LD-only but were later made available in stores.

--Bill.

                      Verbing weirds language.  --Calvin