 General / 38413
Re: Say it ain't so...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 18:27:38 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes:
In lugnet.general, Jack Millikin writes:

Yeah, don't see why they wouldn't. If Lego put up a petition on their site
with E-mail confirmation or something it would work really well.

Definitely. If they ask the kids on the site what they want in a
short enail message, and pick random petition signatures and read
them, perhaps thy will get an idea that sets like Castle and
space are still as popular as ever, and that kids do have the
potential to build something great, due to the fact that itis
awfully hard to find a good alternate model of a bionicle set.
(I've seen very few)

They read .dearlego? Or are the messages just forwarded to an E-mail?

I believe so, since lego does periodically check out lugnet, so
youcan never know. My guess is that they check it out often, to
get an idea of what the adult fans want. I was just hoping they could
set up a public forum at lego.com so kids could do the same. I'm
sure there would be quite an enthusiastic response.

Yeah, but I have seen a few parodies of them involving gore and missing >limbs :)

Not surprising, If I had a Galidor, It woudn't last very long...

I doubt anybody would even touch it. Only thing I could think of would be
fans of the show (yes, there is a show x_x)

Probably not...it's sorry that lego would bother with the whole
"capitzlize on nameless tv shows on fox" factor, but then again what
can you say, they eventually sell out their soul to licensing, and
their sets look like they were hit by those guys who paint logos for
Nascar race drivers.

I totally agree.

It's a shame some people can't see past the whole thing. I'm a kid
who happens to build with lego, and can't stand the sight of Galidor.
I'm sure there's others out there who probably agree, but if Lego
only asked them about it, they would get a response.

Yeah, but if it is a dumb move like GALIDOR it can waste a lot of money.

It's a waste of perfectly good ABS plastic too. Think of all of those
Guarded Inns, gone forever...

No good at all.

Only good when you see one ran over by a semi truck. Yeaaah!!! :)

If they're not lego system toys, then they shouldn't be in the catalog.

It was kind of funny, a few years back, lego listed some
bionicle toys as Technic, but they quickly cleared that
discrepency up. I think lego should put out a separate catalog
for items like Jack Stone, Galidor, etc.

I havn't yet seen a show-based product that was interesting.
Dare I even ask?

Nah, and nobody probably will for a while. One of my key
philosophies is to stick to originality, and not to emulate the
works of others to gain profit.

Just wishing lego would adhere to this maxim as well.

I'm a kid, and these crappy Galdidor/Bionicle/Jack Stone LEGO wannabes are
very annoying!  I just came home from school and on the table was the new
lego magazine.  I open it up...first page=duplo thing and some crap sets,
labled as 'stupid'.  As I was browsing, I turned pages, yelling at what junk
there is.  The Harry Potter sets were nice for pieces, other than that, I'd
throw it away.  There is about 20 pages with galidor and jack stone things,
a waste of plastic, mind you.  Think, that plastic could be used for real
lego elements, not stupid baby junk.  I'd love to see Classic Space and
Castle come back, maybe in different forms, but at least we would have
ORIGINAL castle and space models, not liscensed things.  Therefore, if
anyone would like to contribute to a letter I'm sending to the Lego Company,
visit this message: http://news.lugnet.com/dear-lego/?n=4089 and post what
you want to add, I'll put it in the letter, print it out, and send it.  I'm
mad at LEGO, I want the old LEGO Company back, not the company I see that
looks as if it's run by monkeys wearing diapers.

~Dan
http://lsa44.cjb.net
http://brickshelf.com/gallery/the-lsa/