 General / 37990
Re: Can we all just shut up now
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:33:19 GMT

Is it just me, or am I the only person who has figured out in both Outlook
Express and Netscape Communicator how to ignore threads?  Why don't you • shut
the load of yourself up and just ignore the thread?

*sigh*  Because, as an impartial observer, these kinds of conversation are
not the point of .space or .castle or .town.  Sure, we can ignore them but
that still doesn't mean that it's appropriate to carry on these threads
across all these groups.  I second Jon Palmer's request to keep these kinds
of discussion off the theme groups.

Also, one of the reasons I so enjoy the AFOL community is the friendliness
of its members.  Lugnet really *is* one of the friendliest places on the net
so why don't we please keep it that way?  Comments like "Why don't you shut
the load of yourself up and just ignore the thread" are neither constructive
nor respectful of others.  I would appreciate it if you could keep these to
minimum (read: zero).  Thanks.

Luke