 General / 38412
Re: Say it ain't so...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:16:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes:

I think you're only proving to me that if I want a construction toy, then
I'm better off buying a construction toy than an action figure.

But I'm pretty sure I already knew that ;-)

Of course so. The action figure thing just won't work in the long
run. I could understand bionicle makingit, since its more of a
buildingset than action figure contiguency, but the overall problem
with Galidor, is that it doesn't entirely endorso lego's philosophy
for expansion. (it can only go so far, until there are meaningless combinations)

In short, Galidor is among the worst I've seen from lego.

Maybe. But you don't 'unlearn' French because you don't study it, do you?

No, but let's sy you're taking french andmath class at the same time, and
you cut french out of your agenda, you won't learn much new, and if you do,
cutting study time WILL have a result in your exam, since in fact, you didn't
study. If I were learning matrices in math class, stopped studying, and then
we took a unit test on parabolas, do you think I would do better? I won't
unlesarn it because I never studied. The same goes for lego the the dual themed
approach. I say 'Keep the traditional building systam alive'. There are
kids out there who's potential might never be realized in building prowess
because they buy Galidor (god forbid!)

That's a definition of streamlined that I don't think will be found in any
dictionary ;-)

Well, as I said before, that is my respective philosophical definitiion.
Some people define things differently, go to a foreign country and ask
them a concept or their perception and you'll end up with a similar
argument.

Well, if they're close on your 'spectrum' then you'd have to accept that
Galidor will be as wildly successful as Bionicle, wouldn't you?

Meaning close as the same type, butnot the same theme. If JAck stone were
on one side with lego, does that mean it's successful? No. Drawing conclusions
like that it like saying a reactionary person believes in the same ideals as
a conservative. A bit narrow minded, no?

Just the same, certain lego themes like Space and Classic were on the same
spectrum, would they sell the same? You can never tell just by looking.

I don't think you understood why I commented it was scary...

Here we go again. Yes, I do know why, and it was that Bionicle
over system thing. Your assumption was incorrect because
concentratingonSystem over Galidor, and then BIonicle over system
makes no sense. If anything, equaling out the bioncle/ system
thing, and trashing galidor would make me happy enough. I don't
give damn about bioncle anymore, so stop pressing that.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast

Cheers

Richie Dulin