 Space / 16253
Re: Spyrius and Unitron
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 15:52:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bradley Dale writes:
In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes:
Whatever happened to sets like Spyrius and Unitron with distinct story lines?

Uh, what were the storylines of Spyrius and Unitron?  I don't remember them
having distinct stories.  Of course, I barely remember Unitron at all (I
didn't have any of the sets), but I did have some Spyrius sets.

Nah, nobody really remembers that stuff, but I thought they were really
great sources of parts anyways. Sure, it's great to buy a set for its design
(so you can get that ever useful WOW factor), but I think some of the
storylines would at least give some sort of imaginative appeal to the sets.
Even though some of them made no real sense, but that was up to the kids to
decide, wasn't it?

Yeah, I had several of the Spyrius sets, and I don't know why people hate
the color schemes. Red and Black go together pretty well if you're trying to
construct a dark looking ship, but I think blacktron looked a but more
sinister. It't just a matter that nobldy likes to compare Blacktron to Spyrius.
(not that Spyrius would win anyway...)'I did have a few of the unitron sets,
and the Star Hawk II looked perfect on my shelf, but it ultimately went to my
aquazone base. (with some conversions)

So, they can or they can't be distinct, it depends on how you view it.

<<_Matt Hein_>>