 General / 37917
Re: Say it ain't so...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 20:02:38 GMT

So, taking a look at the product line (I haven't really been
doing much lego stuff lately, personal business) I noticed that
castle, space and all town sets were ostensibly absent from the
shelves. Heck, even star wars and HP sets were hard to find
amidst the masses of bionicle and other unmentionable sets. (aaagh!)

Here we go again with the Bionicle-bashing. You may not like Bionicle, but
apparently Lego is making a ton of cash off of the series. In fact, it was
their most popular product line. If Lego is making a fortune off it of, why
should they stop? I'm sorry to say it, but your AFOL opinion is rather
insignificant compared to the tens of thousands of Bionicle fans out there.

Bionicle is so popular, there will be a Bionicle movie released next year.
The following year, another movie (a theatrical film) will be released.
Sales are skyrocketing.

BZpower.com (formerly BionicleZone and Kanohi-Power) recieves over 10
million page views per month. There is a Bionicle fan base out there, and
they have cash to spend.

Add it all together and Bionicle is a certified hit. It may not be pleasing
to you, but the vast majority of TLC's target audience loves Bionicle.