 Castle / 15500 (+100)
  Re: MOC - Bowman Fields' Cottage

Hi Jeremiah, I found this cottage really cool, especially the details in this small space. I would to be a minifig to visit it in real ! Denix _____ Fantasy & LEGO (URL) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Bazaar - Project for the Medieval Marketplace

Hi Stephen, I really love the job you've done on this marketplace. I think it will inspire me for a futur market in my medieval town ;-) Denix _____ Fantasy & LEGO (URL) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Bazaar - Project for the Medieval Marketplace

Stephen, Your bazaar is perfect. I love it - especially the way you made the awnings. I will probably try to emulate this for my own city. Thanks for sharing. Alan (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Securities Firm and Statue Maker's Marketplace

(...) Yeah! A new setup to add to the "additional configurations" section of the MM standard. I will do that soon along with a gallary update. (...) Ain't it great to have been a part of it?! (...) Jeremy (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC - Bowman Fields' Cottage

Hi Jeremiah, I really like what you have done here in such a small space. Lots of detail put together in a believeable way. Other points I like - The way it hinges from the outside of the stairwell, totally unexpected and kinda cool the overhang of (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My new MOC : Medieval fortified town

(...) undead wreaking havoc in the cellar. You get a hell of a lot done in a small space. I look forward to seeing more. -Keith (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC - Bowman Fields' Cottage

Wow, Jeremiah! I am impressed! For your first castle building, this is quite good. Heck, this is good for someone's 50th castle building. It is small but that makes for a good challange. You really fit everything needed in that little space. Quite (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC - Bowman Fields' Cottage

Hello! Realy cool! I too like the cartoon style of the cottage, very cute. With all those details and functionality on this small space your building is almost qualified to be a My-Own-Creation-Set. Bye Jojo (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC - Bowman Fields' Cottage

(...) Sweet, simple, and well detailed. I like how you went away from the standard box-like tendency of building. Nice curves :) -- Pawel (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC - Bowman Fields' Cottage

(...) Thanks! Yeah, the whole "rounding the brick" thing is pretty interesting. I think it adds a bit of... well, not realism, per se, but it definitely adds something to the regular square buildings. I try to build roofs without slopes so I can get (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC - Bowman Fields' Cottage

(...) Wow, thanks! While i certainly wouldn't turn it down, I doubt Lego would go for it - I forgot to mention that I butchered one of their precious parts. The big tan window frame was originally part (URL), but I had to cut off the litle flanges (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC - Bowman Fields' Cottage

(...) Hey, thanks! Wow, such praise. I agree about small buildings being a challenge - I've repeatedly attempted large castles and such, but I keep losing interest halfway through the giant grey walls :) The advantage of building small is that I can (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC - Bowman Fields' Cottage

(...) I can't really take credit for the stair overhang, since it was in the picture I based the cottage on. The hinge thing was mine though - a bit of inspiration can really give a model a defining feature. (...) I hadn't even noticed that :) Nope, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC - Bowman Fields' Cottage

(...) I agree completely - I think I may have dreamed about being in it last night :) -jeremiah- (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC - Bowman Fields' Cottage

(...) Thanks! I try to be as organic as possible, shapewise. I'm always impressed at just how curvy square blocks can be :) -jeremiah- (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC - Bowman Fields' Cottage

(...) SNIP (...) This is such a great cottage! I've always liked smaller buildings with lots of detail & character, & this is an excellent one! The archways as stairs is totally unique & it's the first time I've seen the arch piece used that (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC - Bowman Fields' Cottage

(...) Nope, though that's kinda strange and cool. The name came from a 'Hobbit name generator' found here: (URL) It's just my Hobbit name :) -jeremiah- (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC - Bowman Fields' Cottage

(...) Jeremiah, I can only echo the other comments, you've made an exquisite cottage, packed full of everything an adventuring min could need, in a small place. It's just about perfect. Thanks, George (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC - Bowman Fields' Cottage

In lugnet.castle, Jeremiah VanderMark writes: snip (...) Cool website! Here's what I got when I put my full name in: According to the Red Book of Westmarch, In Middle-earth, I was a "Ring-wearing Spawn of Ungoliant" And this is my Hobbit lad name: (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Bazaar - Project for the Medieval Marketplace

Thanks Alan, I'm glad I could be of inspiration. I experimented with different kinds of hinges and different size plates before I settled on this "twisty" configuration. When you make your own, depending on the shape of your market, you might (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Bazaar - Project for the Medieval Marketplace

Hi Denix, Thanks for the compliment, I'm glad my work inspired you. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your town. A bazaar in the center, or perhaps near one of the gates, would be interesting to see. Stephen (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  LoTR: The Two "Towels"

Hey guys, I just had to say a quick something about LoTR, which I saw this Tuesday (after vowing on Monday morning not to leave the house for a month in order to study for tests. That worked :-). First off, *awesome*! I loved it. I mean, duh, but (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC - Bowman Fields' Cottage

Jeremiah, Great cottage! I guess it's redundant by this point to say I really liked the overhang with the stairwell, but I did. Also lots of nice little details upstairs. Hinging it open is great for playability. Bruce (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My New Website

(...) Yep! :-) See entry "I fell off the face of the earth": (URL) the IoM as a whole, you're right, it didn't work. But that doesn't stop you from making a new, better story site. I've been saying that for a while. I'd love to see someone take the (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My New Website

(...) See, all themes *DO* lead to Trains! :-P -Tim PS - ...did I just say that??? (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Bazaar - Project for the Medieval Marketplace

(...) And that's not the end. After visiting your site, I think I will adapt your "baker oven's" to my next shop ... Your MOCs are really interesting ! Denix (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My New Website

(...) Hmm...(sees incentive to Launch Draken Online and learn <html> as well.) Kind of sad to see such an ambitious project go under, though. If you don't mind, I might be interested in starting something similar to that sometime soon. (...) <<_Matt (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My New Website

(...) Hmm...(sees incentive to Launch Draken Online and learn <html> as well.) Kind of sad to see such an ambitious project go under, though. If you don't mind, I might be interested in starting something similar to that sometime soon. (...) <<_Matt (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Securities Firm and Statue Maker's Marketplace

(...) This makes me feel a lot better about all my rule bending. (Smiles innocently). I also think it helps resolve the streeet width issue. When I post my whole village (soon) I use streets (bases) because of the hight of my buidings. With this (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Securities Firm and Statue Maker's Marketplace

(...) Thanks much (and sorry for the late reply... I've been off line recently). The securities firm was originaly going to be one tower with another shop on the other side before I got the idea for what you see. Had I created it more logicaly I (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

Somebody had to reply...granted it didn't have to me but... I saw LOTR on the 17th of December 11:59pm atlantic time (in return for a small rural island with one cinema we get the first general showings of a (...) NZ is beautiful. Tolkien's story (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) The juvenile exchanges between Aragorn and Legolas were bad enough, but as the movie progressed, I started to get downright p/o'd. Faramir "captures" Frodo and starts bringing him back towards Minas Tirith? Treebeard is a halfwit who has to be (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Bazaar - Project for the Medieval Marketplace

(...) I'm honored! When will we begin to see the new shops on your website? Stephen (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) Honestly. You people would complain if you were hung with a new rope. :) I am just extremely greatful we've gotten what we have. Though I must say leaving out so many important stuff from the first film just to stick it in the DVD (which I (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cool Mukai MOC's

Those Harryhausen mocs are awesome! out (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Bazaar - Project for the Medieval Marketplace

(...) When I'll have the time to make it ;-) I start as soon as I can. Denix ____ Fantasy & LEGO (URL) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Roll Call!

-Castle ROLL-CALL: ¯¯¯...¯¯¯ (1) Jeremy Scott - .castle since I came lugnet... .castle until I DIE! (2) Joey Finnell (3) Yaron Dori - proud to be a part of castle (4) Dan Thompson (5) John "Hendo" Henderson - not .castle only, but always around. (6) (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) Well, that's one negative vote against millions of positive. Not to say that you're wrong, but let's remember that the film is an adaptation, and Almighty Tolkien penned more than his fair share of terrible dialogue, and he was frankly far to (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) Yeah, Theoden was a bit different and less likeable in the movie. The one part I really didn't like concerning Theoden was Gandalf et all's entrance into the throne room. Zillions of armed guards, but Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas can fight 'em (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) Actually, that was exactly from the book: Aragorn fights them off single-handed (and it was not *all* nine of them in either the book or movie). But Tolkien made it clearer that the Nazgul felt their work was being down by the morgul-blade and (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) *if implied that the protagonist fights nine enemies at once* Sorry to say, but how fictitious can it get? One person to fend off against nine opponents single handedly, and still miraculously emerge prevalent? Sounds deftly similar to the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) But it's only five antagonists, and they are sort of blind due to the color process which separates them from the real world so they really only have eyes for nabbing Frodo on the ground. While Aragorn is on home ground, has a big sword and a (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) Okay, let me get this straight. This -almighty- sauron sends out five robed people, that he knows cannot see well, and consequently wouldn't make for very good attack forces. Anyway, he sends them out to kill frodo, so they float around nearly (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

Okay, you just need to read the book and get it firsthand. The Ringwraiths are sort of blind because they're dead. Well undead to be precise. They ride regular horses which are raised from colts in the presence of evil so they're not scared of evil (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) Quite a bit. That's why they call it fiction. ;) (...) While the Black Riders may appear weak or useless on some levels, don't forget that they are strong in other areas. They can almost 'smell' the ring... and the power that it carries. Not (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) Did you mean "it", not "if"? And which, the book or the movie? The answer would be no and neither, since both clearly indicate five. (...) He gets the drop on them while their attention is focused on Frodo. And as explained, they were simply (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) From the book: ---...--- [Strider speaking:] 'Let us take this wood that is set ready for the fire as a sign. There is little shelter or defence here, but fire shall serve for both. Sauron can put fire to his evil uses, as he can all things, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) Yup, pretty much as I said (I got to butcher The Fellowship of the Ring long before Jackson did, but I claim - rightly or wrongly - the excuse that a computer game requires more liberties than a movie). ;-) (...) Walked off? "Pardon me, you (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) I'll agree on the computer game part-- those almost always need LOTS of liberties. Unless you want a boring game... (...) I guess the beauty of the book is that it doesn't actually describe the scene. In my mind, I see Strider leaping out, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) I think a little more active defense of Frodo is implied, and Aragorn already stated that the Nazgul don't like fire, but surely they gave ground quickly because they felt they could afford to be patient. At the same time, I rather imagine (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) Yeah, in the book, it's really the only acknowledged 'harm' that comes to the Nazgul in the scene-- the one swipe that Frodo takes at them. In the movie, it's all Aragorn... (...) That's my guess as well. It was a great chance for Jackson to (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) Anyway, lots of geeky conversation. How would everyone like to hear my intrepretation of it? Okay, here goes. *this is meant for humorous purpose only* So, anyway, after chapter twelve, we find out that Frodo used to be a proprietor an (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) If the Nine are as bad as everyone fears, then why would anything short of Sauron's will stop them from grabbing the Ring while they had the chance? At the end of the scene in the book I was left with the sense that they left solely so that (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  The good, the bad and the ring (WAS: LoTR: The Two "Towers")

(...) Just curious. Was this a throw-away comment, or did you really find the visuals to be that bad? And were there particular continuity errors you noticed? After watching hours of the behind-the-scenes stuff, and knowing how they did it (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Roll Call!

Welcome to .castle, William! Build On! Josh (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) I generally suspect that Aragorn makes the Wraiths nervous. He's sort of magical in his own right, and if he wielded the Ring himself, there might be a chance that he *COULD* defeat the Nazgul. Plus the fire made them nervous. Plus the fact (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

Hey All, As much as I love the Lord of the Rings, Tolkien, etc. shouldn't this discussion be in the off-topic newsgroup? Josh (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  How many bad men are good

Hey there my friends. I just thought to myself you know theres so much talk about Lotr I had to get in somthing different because frankly I am not a fan of haveing like 900 threads to post because it just gets boring talking about da same old thing. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: How many bad men are good

Hey Daniel, I have a few ideas. The goblin heads from the harry potter sets are good for some kind of bad guy. Someone (I forget who) made them into orcs. There are also a good good minotaur on brickshelf. A giant might be good as long as there (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: How many bad men are good

Oops forgot to say what I thought about the wraiths. I think 5 is a good number. One leader and a small even numbered band with him. Oh, I just reread my last post and I only meant to put one 'good' before the minotaur, don't know how that happened (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: How many bad men are good

(...) My thoughts are that the undead don't need to be large numbers since they can rise again. The demons and such can be risen. All you need is a necromancer or dark wizard and you can make as many as you need. As for story purposes you can say as (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: How many bad men are good

(...) So far, it sounds pretty interesting, but do you have any links to it by any chance? (I'd like to sample the reading and give you feedback.) (...) That's a sufficient magnitude of forces, so I don't really believe you'll need any more than (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: How many bad men are good

(...) I am developing my story, and i have only about, say, 80 figures out of every theme tops. Heres some tips from my story (feel lucky, ive never told anybody my secrects like these before) Dont show all the people at once. im developing face (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: How many bad men are good

(...) Lurking from the shadows I stalk the Kingdom of Castle... Hi Dan, How's your story coming? It will be fun to see what you've got in mind! I dropped in here at Castle and saw your name and you have an interesting query here I thought I'd add my (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: How many bad men are good

(...) Dan, I don't think you need a huge number of troops, depending on how you do the photography. Take this example from Brendan's Brick Testament: (URL) got about 25 figs in the red army (the Amalekites) and about 10 in the tan army (the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: How many bad men are good

Thanx every one for your opinions so far. I think that I now get the idea of it. I need about 30 skeletons 20 orcs/gobs the summons wraiths and dragon knights so I am pumped but I'll still take ideas. Last by a request I will post up my story so (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  oops

forgot the link to that last post (URL) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  MM Two Shops

Check out our latest MM entry from our homepage, Two Shops; (URL) story: Two very unassuming shops in the marketplace at Dragonstern sit side by side waiting on their customers to peddle their wares. One sells potions and spells that aim to cure (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: How many bad men are good

Well before you can answer your question: How many bad men are good? you must first answer this question: How many good men are bad? I mean, if any in your good guy army are "bad" and traitors, you best have a good secret service, CIA type agency in (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

  Re: MM Two Shops

Neat little shops! I especially like the "caterer", he is pleasantly disgusting :). Your double shop design is good, it looks like a prebuild shop that merchants might have rented from the organizers of the market. Build On, Josh (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: oops

(...) Bruce (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  ozbricks down?

Is anybody else having problems logging in? Did they change something recently (in the month or so)? I know it's now .net not .com but it still won't log in. Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller? e. (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ozbricks down?

(...) Hi Erick, I just tried to log in and there's no problems. However I'd refer you to a problem you might have. (URL) that helps Bye Yaron "Webrain" Dori (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MM Two Shops

Josh, So what do you want to order? This design is really a more generic theme that can be used for a variety of purposes. All you need to do is change the interior of the shops to your liking and you've got your own Two shops. Regards, ACPin & Sons (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  My Website has MOVED

|I just wanted to let everyone know that my website is now being hosted = |on another server and any links you have to the IP address of my box are = |invalid (or will be very soon) since my DSL line is being shut down by = |directv... they decided (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MM Two Shops

Hum...what to order. Can I get a roasted frog on a sesame seed bun, hold the mayo? Or maybe I should get a radioactive, neon spider salad. So many choices, so little time! :) I like the generic shop idea. That is often how I build shops. I build (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ozbricks down?

(...) That was it! Thanks, you DO have to put the @ozbricks.net in there. It works, the trumpets sound. e. (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  ROLL CALL! 78! 78! 78! 78! 78! 78!

(...) Okay, so we all know the purpose of the roll call. im taking it as my job to keep it going. 78 or more is our goal. to do this, we need more people on it. I am hoping that there is some suprise in the end. but, to make castle a funner and not (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ROLL CALL! 78! 78! 78! 78! 78! 78!

Here's me... Number 51, I suppose? I was just at a site today, let me find it..... (checking browser history) Okay, I guess it was Ozbricks (Hi, you Aussies! Freezing my butt off up here near Canada, can I come visit you guys?) they've got a (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ROLL CALL! 78! 78! 78! 78! 78! 78!

(...) Seems the whole roll call draft has slowed considerably in the last few weeks, and it's refreshing to see another rectuiting effort. But, with the goal of seventy eight signatures in place, I came up with an interesting idea. Why not search (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: roll call (27 more needed?)

(...) Alright, an addition already! (...) .castle has been really slow with postings lately, which was a surprise to me. Then again, at least we can be thankful the lack of posting isn't to the extent of lugnet.underground or lugnet.harrypotter. If (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Help with construction detail

FUT ---> .castle only Hi, folks! I'm in need of some suggestions as to how to attach this helicopter rotor: (URL) a Technic axle. The rotor is designed to fit on a pin and spin freely, I'd like to use it as the base for the vanes of a windmill and (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: roll call (27 more needed?)

(...) A combination - or it will be. That's the plan, anyway. The entire "basement" (the level where the moat would be if I had more space to spread out) is a very solid structure, but the towers and buildings will have spaces that open. I'm (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: roll call (27 more needed?)

(...) And the module factor is basically infinitely expansible, depending on how you set it up. (...) Using the dithered colours isn't that bad, but drawing off the harry potter sets, I guess that's the only possibility, eh? I've still yet to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help with construction detail

(...) First off, there don't sem to be any sort of larger technic axles to facilitate the use of these rotors other than the red 'seated' axles in the kit itself. I would prefer you use this part instead. (URL) can be used in conjunction with normal (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help with construction detail

(...) I've linked one of those to an axle before; I used the 1x5 hinge system to do it. In effect you end up with something that looks an awful lot like a helicopter rotor, with the short bar 3 fingers one end/2 fingers at right angle on the other (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help with construction detail

In lugnet.castle, Tanya K. Burkhart writes: ... (...) ... Hi. I'd recommend using a rubber band. I've had good success using rubber bands between motors and gear assemblies, and I can't see why it wouldn't work here. A long rubber band would allow (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help with construction detail

(...) Try this: (URL) a 1x5 Technic Rotor 2 Blade with 4 Studs. Joe Meno (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ROLL CALL! 78! 78! 78! 78! 78! 78!

<snippity-snip> (...) Well, There's the rub. We are all here in Castle because we cannot quell our excitement for bygone realms of fantasy. We all seem to be "modelling some rendition...that should be unveiled in the future" to quote Sir Hein. Most (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: roll call (27 more needed?)

(...) Hi, Tanya! Im glad my bringing back the roll call did something. Welcome to Loyal to Castle! I am familier with the Midevil Marketplace. (i currently do not want to participate, however.) Dont feel bad about not having same colored castle (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  My New Characters

Hey everyone, Just thought I'd drop by and tell you guys about my new characters I've been working on. I figure I've kept them to myself long enough anyways here ya go check them out: (URL) gotta get better pics of a few, but thats about what I've (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: roll call (27 more needed?)

(...) The question then becomes which modules to build.... (...) Oh, yes, there are a few sellers on Bricklink that get lots of my money, too! And I really like the effect I'm getting from the various colors together. It's more organic than solid (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ROLL CALL! 78! 78! 78! 78! 78! 78!

"Alex Polimeni" <Aramir12@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H8xLoM.Bxv@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) it. (...) funner (...) I just thought I'd mention that the 78 people in the .space roll call actually all posted in August. I've received emails (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: My New Characters

(...) Are you using Sculpey or something for part of your minifigs? And what is the orc shaman holding? I think these are very creative. I have very little hesitation (for the most part) about altering Legos to suit me if they don't make what I (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help with construction detail

(...) I meant a mill-wheel. A water wheel and a windmill would be redundant, wouldn't it? (...) I have this! It might do the trick. Thank you all for the suggestions. Tanya (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My New Characters

Hi Tanya, which thing are you refering to? the staff or the dagger? the staff is from mega blocks dragons (slightly modified) and the dagger is a silver dagger with a bent blade. As for what else i have: (URL) my website and whatever u cant find (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help with construction detail

(...) May be too late ... A 2x2 circular plate has a cross hole in the middle so will grasp the axle and the studs will project into the gaps between the vanes at the back of the rotor. Place a 1/2 bush at the front to hold it together and there you (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help with construction detail

"Tatyana" <TatyanaI@cableone.net> wrote in message news:H8xpAn.LJt@lugnet.com... (...) off (...) Depends on what parts you avaiable. One easy way is to attach a 'Technic Rotor 2 Blade with 4 Studs' (32124) on top of the Propeller blades. I also (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ROLL CALL! 78! 78! 78! 78! 78! 78!

I too think it is kind of pointless to keep the roll call ongoing. It served its purpose when it was originally posted. A continuing roll call won't make .castle a more active place. Posting more MOCs will. The MM has done some of that. More (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: My New Characters

Very cool, Joey! While I don't personally modify my legos much, I can appreciate it when others do. Yours are quite well done. I am impressed! Build On, Josh (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact