 Castle / 15542
Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 00:59:01 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Erik Olson writes:

But it's only five antagonists, and they are sort of blind due to the color
process which separates them from the real world so they really only have eyes
for nabbing Frodo on the ground. While Aragorn is on home ground, has a big
sword and a flaming torch which he swings around, and he smells like an Elf.
Always swing your torch around.

-Erik

Okay, let me get this straight. This -almighty-
sauron sends out five robed people, that he knows
cannot see well, and consequently wouldn't make
for very good attack forces. Anyway, he sends them
out to kill frodo, so they float around nearly
blindly looking for this ring, while a guy with
a torch runs around swinging at them like he was
at a soccer riot! Wow, that intrinsic action...

The thought some guy would establish the
enemy as a genius, only to have him send
out -scary- 'halloween' forces with poor
field vision is actually pretty scary. If
I were sauron, I'd engineer some new and
more efficient forces *very* quickly.
Afterall, I find it difficult these robed
guys could get around so fast since the
world would be so large, and supposedly,
they would only be able to travel at
dusk. (my speculation.) Anyone notice
the 'dementors' from HP are similar?

And what about their horses? Are
they 'demonic' as well? And what do robed
dead shadow people do in the daylight?

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast
O s p r e y